Ashley Lopez recently wrote a great little post about the process of setting goals. So that’s what I’m going to do today… “assess, re-assess, look ahead, and plan for greatness.”
In Ashley’s post, she suggests looking at your current situation before setting your short- and long-term goals. This helps you to pinpoint your location within your personal map of life by rating how satisfied you are with specific aspects of your personal, physical, and daily life.
- Overall happiness
- How satisfied are you with your current living situation?
- Mental health and ability to manage stress
- Intimate relationships/partnership
- Family life
- How well are you sleeping?
- Physical activity
- How well are you making progress on any previous physical goals?
- How happy are you with your current job?
- How stable is your financial situation?
- Are you satisfied with your current level of education/continuing education?
- How well are you making progress on creative projects?
- How efficient are you at managing time?
- How inspired/focused/motivated are you on a day-to-day basis?
I am not going to share my answers to the above questions here, but I will share my assessment of my 2015 goals as well as my dance goals for 2016.
Last year’s dance goals:
- Practice ATS® belly dance and Tribal Fusion at least twice a week outside of regular classes. I haven’t been great with at-home practice, but I have increased the number of workshops and classes I am attending. I no longer dance tribal fusion. Instead, I am completely focused on ATS®.
- Assemble a complete, professional quality ATS® costume. Mostly.
- Perform ATS® solos at events in order to draw new students and increase visibility. I did a few.
- Teach ATS® belly dance classes up to 3 days per week at various locations. I currently teach one class/week at one location, with plans to add two additional classes at that location soon.
- Complete the annual continuing education requirements for FCBD® Sister Studio re-certification. Completed in Feb 2016 (a bit late).
- Plan on applying for FCBD® Advanced Teacher Training by the end of 2018. Hopefully!
Last year’s word: GROUND. Absolutely!
2016 personal dance goals:
- Dance at least once a week outside of the classes that I teach.
- Dance with others at haflas and parties (work on shyness).
- Practice zills for at least 5 minutes each week while dancing.
- Work on keeping shoulders relaxed.
- Spend at least one hour/month on costuming.
- Save money for California trainings.
- Complete annual continuing education requirements for FCBD® Sister Studio re-certification before Feb 2017.
- Register for ATS Technique for Teachers workshop before the end of 2017.
- Prepare to apply for FCBD® Advanced Teacher Training by the end of 2018.
- Complete SEEDs teacher training certification program in June 2016.
2016 word: #IMMERSE