I love supporting my friends and I also like not smelling bad, so I recently purchased a stick of Signature Scent deodorant from Deo by Domh, a belly dance friend of mine who makes and sells homemade natural skin care products. You can find her products on Etsy by clicking the links above. I put the deo to the test over the course of a few weeks. Here’s what I thought:
About The Product
Deo by Domh’s Signature Scent deodorant is natural, handmade to order, and all of the ingredients are listed on the label (other than the specific combination of essentials oils used). The scent contains tea tree oil and is universal for any gender.
About The Brand
Deo by Domh is a homemade natural body care business based in Traverse City, Michigan. Only 100% Therapeutic Grade essential oils are used, blended in such a way to adjust to your body throughout your day. Products are made to order in small batches by an awesome woman in her home kitchen.
- Natural ingredients.
- Goes on clear.
- Subtle, fresh scent: I wish that I had a more sophisticated nose so that I could describe the scent to you, but I would be making things up if I tried. The husbeast says it is a “zesty citrus medley.” It is a subtle fresh scent when worn, not obnoxious or overpowering.
- Staying power: I wore this product to a belly dance intensive and didn’t shower after the last day. After a full day of moderately sweaty dancing, a night of heavy sleep, and 3 hours of driving (with air conditioning), I asked the husbeast to rate my pit stank on a scale of zero to “Tim after he has worked all day at Discount Tire,” and he gave me a two! I wore the deo to another, more strenuous dance intensive (5 hours of strong dancing per day) and found that the deo was slightly less effective after the day was half over, but reapplication did the trick to keep me smelling nice until evening. I’m impressed!
- Cheap, fast shipping (I paid a little over $2). Domh ships worldwide.
- Application: This product is beeswax based, so it has a bit more drag on application. I personally like deo that glides on very smoothly (such as gel). Not a big deal, just a sensory thing. I’m going to keep using it anyway because the pros outweigh the cons.
- Feel: Armpits feel a bit greasy upon application, a common situation with many stick deodorants.
- Price: At $6 + shipping, this product is slightly more expensive than ones that I normally purchase (I usually try to aim for $3 or less) but I’m highly satisfied with the product and will not hesitate to reorder.
- Due to the homemade nature of this product, imperfections in appearance are to be expected.
- The label will vary from batch to batch.
100% Therapeutic Grade essential oils (tea tree oil and others), arrowroot powder, baking soda, beeswax, mango butter, shea butter, and coconut oil.
I love this product and would definitely recommend it to dance friends and everyone else. I would like to thank Domh for creating and selling a natural deodorant that works and smells so good! Please note that due to the small batch nature of this product, it is not available at all times. I see that she is sold out at the time of this writing. Also, as Domh states on her site, the user assumes all risk. I recommend that if you have sensitive skin or any serious medical condition, do not use essential oils without first consulting a medical or essential oil professional.
Disclosure: The owner of this blog was not compensated in any way to provide her opinion on the product. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer.